Saturday, April 14, 2012

Help a newbie out?

[:1]I'm fairly new to WOW, and I was wondering if any veterans and experienced players could look at my gear and stats and tell me how I'm doing. For my lvl, is my gear good or bad? If not, where should I look to get gear and other items that could help me be stronger in both PvE and PvP?
Throw some cheap gems in your legs but overall pretty good. You have a couple of weird talent points that could be adjusted but not a big deal. Also you could use a few glyphs. Aimed shot is not a "preferred" glyph but overall on the right track. There are some good "sticky" guides at the top of the page as well.
Going to do my best, but I'm not a pro by any means.

Gear looks pretty good, but I don't think Strength (Omarion's gift) benefits hunters much. Though I think at your level, trinkets come far and few between.

In your MM spec, I wouldn't worry about Resistance is futile since you shouldn't be using KC much as MM. And Marked for Death probably isn't that useful in PvE since we have hunter's mark which stays up for 5 minutes opposed to 15 seconds. I'd say move the 2 from Resistance and top off Sic Em and Posthaste. If you're going 2/2 in rapid recuperation, but the 1 from MfD in Rapid Killing so you get the 50 focus bonus. You'll still have 3 pts to play with before topping out the tree - maybe Concussive Barrage or Bombardment.

For your glyphs, you should get the steady shot prime glyph since that's a big part of MM.
As was stated earlier, the only bad piece of gear you have is the Strength trinket, which does absolutely nothing for you. And, as was also said, trinkets are few and far between, so just replace it when you can. Keep using the Agility Mail pieces, that's all you should use as a Hunter.

Personally, I would skip gemming until you are at 85, but there is a vendor in the inn at Honor Hold that sells cheap gems, if you must.

I personally love Bombardment and Concussive Barrage for AoE-ing and kiting, so I would have taken those talents. Resistance is Futile is a worthless talent and should be avoided. You should never use Kill Command as a MM Hunter. At the end game, 1/2 Termination is all you really need, if even that. Take Rapid Recuperation and Rapid Killing together for 50 free focus every time you kill a mob, this turns you into the Energizer Bunny. Sic 'Em is currently bugged in that the proc is consumed but your pet still uses the focus, and I'm not sure if this will be hotfixed quickly or not.

The glyphs for leveling are the same as for end game, so just follow what is in the guide at the top of the forums to fill out your empty glyph spots.

You might wanna start filling out your stable of pets too. You have 23 (eventually 25) slots, so don't be afraid to visit a stable master and kennel one while you go tame some more.
You seem to get gear mostly though questing, probably level that way too.
try the looking for group dungeon finder tool.
It will ncely boost your leveling speed and will get you some better gear.

And its fun too

:)
Adarant, does the RR & RK combo still work at 85? I specced out of it, mostly b/c MM is more my instance soloing spec and not really my group instance spec, though I've been using it as both recently.
It works on most, but not all level 84 and 85 things. So far, it has procced off of every single thing I have killed for the Molten Front dailies (in Hyjal and the Molten Front) and on the Bloods for Cho'gall. However, Mendia reported that it did not work for the Whelps on the Sinestra fight.

I changed my spec to pick up RR+RK and Entrapment+Concussive Barrage while we were progressing on Cho'gall, and that was just one of many small changes that got my guild over the hump. Think about it, nearly endless AoE damage with a 4 second daze and a 4 second root.

I abuse it on the Molten Front dailies as I always have focus to lead with an Aimed Shot. Heck, most of the time I can AiS > Chimera > Kill Shot > Kill Shot because the mobs have only 77K health.
Might have to pick that point up then, at least for instances. I do quests & dailies as BM :)
At 64, you'll be able to knock a good trinket out of a Hellfire Peninsula quest, and another easy one in Terokkar Forest:

Bladefist's Breadth from the "Overlord" group quest, likely you'll be able to solo it with a tanking pet if you save Silencing Shot for his Inferno (summons 2 demons, cast only once at 50% health)

Terokkar Tablet of Precision from "Torgos!", after killing buzzards for Allerian Stronghold. It may be tougher to find a group for this one, but should be easier to kill yourself. You might also want to tame him first, it's a unique color that can only be obtained while doing the quest.
Your gear is probably better than average.

There are some nice rings you can get if you do the daily PVP quest in honor hold.

The random dungeons usually offer the best gear.

Throw on some cheap agility gems for a little extra dps.

Sometimes you can find some cheap enchants. I often see +16 agility to cape very cheap.

This site lists a lot of the best BC items for hunters.
http://legacy.wow-loot.com/v2-hunter.htm

Get your skinning to 375 for a little more crit.




Thanks everyone!
Sorry I'm late but my advice ( and I was a good hunter) stop leveling it and roll a mage,dk, druid, or pallie. Trust me in the end you will feel better and stay longer. Although I loved playing my hunter, the problems were just to many. And the taking away of aggro stance was the final straw. Please for your own sanity roll a different class ( this is no joke).
wowhead.com

No comments:

Post a Comment