Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hunter AOE

Hey guys,

I hit 85 a little after Cataclysm came out but had to take a break for school. Now I'm back and ready to start the dungeon grind to obtain my gear, but I want to be prepared before I go in.

I've found all sorts of rotation information for bosses but I just have a quick questions about trash aoe. When running a dungeon, is it actually beneficial to drop an explosive trap, or does the recent buff to multi shot make it more viable to focus solely on that shot, with cobra shots weaved in to replenish focus? I would imagine dropping the trap and then focusing on multi shot is the way to go, but I wanted a more experienced opinion on if it was even worth dropping the trap on short trash fights.
If the trash is going to live long enough for the explosive trap to tick a decent number of times, then yes. The thing ticks pretty hard, but it is a DoT, which means that the mobs have to live long enough for it to tick on them.

Buffed multishot is insane. I did like 70k aoe dps last night on one of those big trash pulls in ZG. It was kind of amazing.
Personally (If we are talking all out dps on more than 5 mobs) I drop explosive and snake trap, disengage, misdirect, and begin muti-shot with steady/cobra rotation. If you're survival those traps will definitely help because of your mastery.

As marks though with the recent 250% damage increase on muti-shot, it may not be beneficial since you can get in more muti-shots before having to replenish focus. Definitely something to test though.
Awesome, thanks for the tips. :)
The buff to multishot has made it even with just 2 targets, I get better dps using my aoe rotation than single target rotation as a SV. I haven't tried with MM yet. Will have to test that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment