Saturday, April 21, 2012

Best Leveling Spec for Hunters?

I want to make a hunter alt, and almost have all the heirlooms in my bank enchanted, and the race chosen (undead, of course!). Now all that's left is advice from other hunters about the best leveling spec.

And by best I don't mean fastest, a combination of the funnest and easiest spec.

I remember pre-cata Beast Mastery was the best but that could have changed just like for rogues it went from combat to subtlety.

Edit: I'm going to be questing to level.
They all level about the same. For fun factor, I went Beast mastery, because that's the only way i can have my pet rock beat the crap out of everything.
My hunter is currently level 64 and has been one-shotting virtually every normal mob since he got aimed shot, and he doesn't even use an heirloom weapon.

Fun is subjective, but I personally find it "fun" to blow through quests so easily.
I liked lvling as survival personally. Explosive shot is fun and gets used consistently.

I've never been a fan of BM but I'm sure it makes a great lvling spec.

Aimed shot was pretty useless at the lower lvls if you ask me, especially if you plan on doing dungeons where the mobs are dead before you get an aimed shot off.

Each spec will kill your target plenty fast, so just gotta try them all out.
Marksman.

Aimed shot + white damage.

Move on to next mob.


They're all pretty close now with survival getting explosive at 10.

I'd have to give the edge to marksman once you can get deep enough in the tree to pickup the talent that gives you 50 focus for killing something though.
As previous posters have said, all the specs are viable now. Personally I think BM is easiest to level. I remember levelling most of the way in MM, then trying out BM around level 60 something. Wow, it was a lot easier to not pull aggro off the pet in BM. While you will miss out on one-shotting mobs, the pet will keep you alive more easily.
Get a tank pet for multiple mob pulls, ferocity or tenacity when pulls are single.
Since you seem to have really good gear lined up, you can probably have fun with all the specs and see what you like. At level 30 you can dual spec and switch on the fly depending on what you are facing next. Now that dual spec is like 10g LoL.
Have fun.
Bm is easiest to level and is great fun

Mm sucks wiener

Surv is by far the most fun for me but the slower leveling one and surprisingly enough, I do 7-8.4k dps (mm only gave me 4-5k)
I want to make a hunter alt, and almost have all the heirlooms in my bank enchanted, and the race chosen (undead, of course!). Now all that's left is advice from other hunters about the best leveling spec.

And by best I don't mean fastest, a combination of the funnest and easiest spec.

I remember pre-cata Beast Mastery was the best but that could have changed just like for rogues it went from combat to subtlety.

Edit: I'm going to be questing to level.


forget them, they know not what they be speaking.. go BM for faster leveling and fun, and if you get bored, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS SWEET do not go MM!! Go surv at a higher level (80) for some massive fun and amazing dps if you spec right and glyph right and pick ur shots right.

MM gave me only 4-5k DPS, surv gave me 7-9ish KDPS

Go tauren btw, theyre the coolest ;)

Good luck leveling your hunter, remember it can get boring sometimes but dont give up on it, it will get better.

P.S. if you have any questions pst me in game
Marksman.

Aimed shot + white damage.

Move on to next mob.


this man does not lie tho..
SO many different responses. But I guess I'll try them all then. Most likely go to BM because I'll pull off the pet all the time.

And I have too many Tauren already lol.

Thx for the advice.
From my experience with this toon BM is rather weak until you unlock the later tiers. I'm considering changing spec's until i get beast mastery and/or Bestial wrath. You gotta understand that rite from the getgo we are left at a disadvantage because we get a stun rather than another dps spell.
I'm BM right now and I'm loving it. Mobs go down extremely easily, I can pretty much aggro as many as I want. My kill command crits are insane on mobs around my level. Granted, I haven't tried MM or surv recently since I started playing wow again, but BM has worked out quite nicely.
careful aim plus aimed shot plus that talent that restores 50 focus when you kill something = incredibly fast leveling. You will kill mobs before your pet gets halfway there.
Seeing as how my first level capped toon was a hunter, I can't say much about leveling one with heirlooms. But going on the multitude of posts I've read on the matter, I will point out that leveling as BM (with heirlooms) is probably not your best bet. I'm betting you have access to make (and enchant) all the rest of your gear as well. I know I do for all my alts on my main realm.

When throwing (fully enchanted) heirlooms into the mix, you're probably better off with MM or SV. Even though BM is about your pet doing more damage, you're still going to be doing so much more yourself (in comparison) that it's going against the whole playstyle. You may as well just play a spec that focuses on that to begin with.
The best spec is the one that keeps you sitting behind your comp while you grind, so basically any of em. You have a pet and range, you won already.

No comments:

Post a Comment