Thursday, April 19, 2012

Question about stats to reforge for Surv

Hey, just finished up my heroic grinds and I'm starting to reforge my gear for hit cap and my haste soft cap. I know that means any extra of the two I should reforge but... into what? Crit or mastery?

If someone could give an opinion I'd appreciate it greatly.
Do you know any sims that work on a mac? The last few I have tried are PC only

And does that mean if my caps are met, I should generally leave my stats alone? Besides reforging extra stats such as excess hit or haste
www.femaledwarf.com
www.wowreforge.com

Hit cap > crit for reforging, and I'm not sure about the haste/mastery difference with SV these days. Lots of instant shots, and lots of elemental damage leads me to think that mastery is probably a bit better. But, as I recall, we were trying to get our haste at a level such that our Cobra Shots were at a ~1.66 second cast time in order to smooth out the rotation.
Yeah, I had to improvise a little bit, but I took the haste soft caps suggested in the forum's MM guide, and reached that along with hit cap before worrying about what I'm going to do with my other stats.

Thank you for the sims.
I heard that 7% was one of the soft caps, and 10% is another. If you can make the 10%, it's more optimal to do so, of course if you can't, that obviously means other wise.
I did read that from the MM guide, do you think that wouldn't transfer over to Survival as well? And why would you suggest crit over mastery?

I don't wish to argue over what stat is better, or what soft caps are where, I'm just curious on what led you to your conclusion.

That's awesome about the guide though! I'll keep a look out and be sure to check it out.
SV is 757 haste to fit 3 cobra shots in between explosive cooldowns. Might have to add a little to negate the effects of latency. Any more than that is wasteful on a single target standing rotation.

Hit > Crit > haste to 757 > mastery

Generally, the idea is to get to hit cap, move to crit on any piece possible and then figure out how to hit the haste softcap. Most of your excess stats will wind up being mastery.

Mastery is good, but only effects our elemental damage whereas crit effects both physical and elemental shots and effects.


757 is the rating you need before you get 4pT11.

With 4pT11 you need even less haste. I cant remember the exact number off the top of my head, but I can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment