Saturday, April 21, 2012

Targeting toggle? Will there be one?

I'm not arguing with anyone I understand people have different preferences. But what I do not understand is why isn't there an option to change targeting to how it was before the patch?

Honestly the new targeting is driving me up a wall. I liked it switching to the next target when I spammed my attacks. I don't like the fact we have to select the target with the mouse or tab to acquire a new target. This is even more annoying with multi shot, for example on magma the way my guild does it is have me kite the worms as a hunter while everyone else stacks and the other range burn them down. Harder to kite when the target falls off and i cant just click multi shot to reacquire my target.

This isn't all I feel like its lost dps in between when I don't hit tab right away. I use my arrow keys and mouse to click the buttons. Please don't criticize my play style everyone has there own way that works best but mine became much harder with having to tab.

As well as the fact on a melee class as long as they are close to their targets they can stll spam there attacks so why does it make it so hunters can't?

This has been in the game as long as I can remember so why change it for the players who have learned to do it this way. I'm not saying the new way is bad for everyone I am sure some prefer it but Blizz can you please implement a way to toggle it on and off for those of us who do like the old play style with the auto target.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone so please don't look it that way. But does anyone know if a toggle on or off option will be put into play eventually?
I feel your pain Aurorian. I also HATE this new targeting system. Funny thing is I don't have to retarget on my main, so why hunters? Sadly, I have no answer for you. I too hope they allow us to toggle this option on/off depending on preferred play-style.
Also, never apologize for the way you play. I always hear people talking about how you "SHOULD" never click and use WASD to move. I do both and steadily out dps most people that try to tell me this......on ALL my toons. Play how you learned simple as that. You being comfortable effects your dps.
I understand exactly what your talking about I just started playing this is my first Toon but I started to play when all you had to do is click what attack you want to use when a Tank is attacking something after that 1 monster is dead you have to Click over the stupid thing which is hard to do. I understand that you can click the Tab or use your keyboard But I don't Enjoy the game that way I would rather click to kill stuff I just wanted to put this out here also that they should make it so you can set your options how you want them Thank you for making a Thread about this issue which I hope they Fix.
I agree with both of you.

Hunter Bug Fixes

Hunters will no longer automatically acquire a new target if the current target dies in the middle of a cast.

No where does it state hitting a ability no longer acquires a target. If I hit an ability on any of my other toons it automatically selects closest target. If that was a problem for other Hunters I don't get it.
Thank you Zaagan :) And yeah, I agree play how you wan't. Same with me I have had people ask me how I play with the mouse and arrows and pull what kinda dps I do. I let people play how they want, like you said everyone has the way they are most comfortable playing.

Your welcome Breezy. Most of the threads I skimmed throguh on this topic were arguments and what not.. like I said not trying to argue just hoping Blizzard will fix this so that you can choose to play with auto targetting or turn it off for those who like that better.

Thats a very good point too Troegs.
Been playing since mid or so LK, was fine with the hunter auto target. OCCASIONALLY it would cause me to accidentaly pull a mob or two, when the tank killed the last of their pull, but it made it fun to me :P, and I ALSO loved in PvP just hitting SS when a damn rogue came near, now I have to click tab, then SS, and by then the rogue's CC'd me (I don't have PvP trinks, and don't plan to get them any time soon.). And THEN there's hunters FDing, and when they get up I have to retarget them and it usually target's the PET, dunno if THAT is just me though.
Add this line to your existing shot macros.

/startattack

If you don't have shot macros, make some. Here's an example.

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
/startattack
/cast Arcane Shot
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Thanks for the macro it really helps right now. Still though I feel we all shouldn't have to go through this.... for now I will use the macros but for all those hunters like myself who like the old targeting I hope blizz makes a toggle option to please both sides. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment