Saturday, April 21, 2012

What pets do you use?

What 5 (or fewer) pets do you use on a regular basis and why?

I've just got three on me now, one Ferocity, one Cunning and one Tenacity. I don't know what other two I should have on hand. So I want to know what pets you usually have with you and for what purpose (questing, pvp, pve, showing off, etc). And why did you pick the pets you did (looks, buffs, other?).

Thanks :)
Well, for general questing/dungeons/raids...


I keep, typically, three ferocity, one cunning, and one tenacity. Essentially, the ferocity and cunning are all around to do damage and provide different buffs/debuffs. I always have a Raptor (sunder armor), Wolf (+crit), and Dragonhawk (+8% spell damage, handy as SV) on me when I'm PvEing. The last ferocity spot goes to a revolving door of everything from a cat to a buzzard to a hyena to even a sporebat (cunning pet, actually) when I'm feelin' frisky. The last spot is a tenacity pet, typically a turtle in my case, to pull out whenever the tank dies. You'd be shocked how hardy a good tenacity pet can be in 5man dungeons against bosses.

Honestly, my choices came from a mixture of looks and buffs and some personal reasons. My first pet, the raptor named Stormy, I tamed on WoW launch day cause I was an aspiring paleontologist at the time an I absolutely love dinosaurs. That, the yellow ones in Durotar were more unique than the red ones, so he stood out a bit. At the time, he provided zero buffs just like all pets. Since then, it's just been "That pet looks cool, and bonus points for a handy buff". Heck, rarity has only been a factor to me when it happened to be a rare pet that I thought was cool lookin' (Terrorpene).

Really though, what you ideally want for basic PvE is an ample selection of pets you both enjoy having as your pet AND provide a healthy selection of buffs/debuffs... and one tenacity pet just to toss out as an "oh crap" button. Utilitarian, but with a healthy dose of going with what I like the most. Some Hunters obsess over collecting nothing but rare pets... I'm more than happy to bust out with my generic yellow raptor or the dragonhawk I solo tamed out of ZA the other week.

Really liking my shale spider still. Tenacity, with embrace of the shale spider (nice buff.) Its a great tank, has thunderstomp, keeps agro great plus has that nice buff. I also like how low to the ground it is, so it never obscures view.

I got one right after Cat. went live, then really liked it. Recently, I killed jadefang for the tiny shale spider pet. The next morning, Jadefang was up again and I tamed it that time. Now I have Jadefang, plus a matching companion pet ;) I like this more than any of the firelands new rares, so bonus.

I also have a core hound, in case some group wants it (If I ever group much or anything.)
For raiding I almost always ended up bringing a Hyena or Ravager. Then I always carry my favorite Cat, Sambas, and Wolf, Snarler, around for random questing. For PvP I have my Spider, the broodmother from that Tirisfal quest.
Ravager, Hyena, Wolf and Raptor. I keep a Spider for when I PvP.
I usually keep Terrorpene Sambas Skoll (For when I play BM) and Aotona on me. Terrorpene because he's a bomb tank, Sambas for MM dps, Skoll for BM dps, and Aotona for pvp because Cunning is kind of useful.
1. The Glitched Ghost Wolf You Can't Tame Anymore (Wolf)- Ferocity
2. Deth'Tilac (Spider)-Cunning
3. Kirix (Spider)-Cunning
4. Skarr (Cat)-Ferocity
5. Karkin (Crab)-Tenacity
Note: I Only have one of the above, those are just my ideal pets. I have the ghost wolf
I'm obsessed with rare pets. All of my pets are rare spawns. I like to keep around 1 tenacity pet for soloing and saving my ass when I get close calls during dungeons/raids . Cunning mainly for awesomeness, (those two spiders are easily some of the coolest pets in the game) as well as pvp and raid utility when it is needed. And Ferocity for all out dps. The two ferocity pets I chose pretty much give the best buffs for a hunter.
Ravager, hyena, cat, wolf, tallstrider for teh lulz. Also have a raptor and wind serpent in my stable for when they're needed.
I only have three right now.

I have a bear for tanking

I use cat and raptor for dps. I use them for different things. Like in a CTF Bg I will use the raptor, but on one with flags to hold I use the cat for the stealth attack.

Even in wandering pvp i love the cat. I see people from far and sick my stealthed cat on them, they never know it's coming.

for third I bring a crocolisk. They swim super fast and are awesome pets when there's water involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment