Monday, April 16, 2012

Pruning of our abilities?

Read here first:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2661015

Personally, I'm divided on how I feel about this. Part of this is a good thing. After setting up my mouse yesterday, I had to hotkey 36 abilities. These are abilities I might not use in EVERY encounter, but I am sure that I will use them at some point in time in my gameplay(mostly pvp).

The mostly pvp is important. If I wanted to just PvE, I'd drop to about 14 buttons max. Which I still feel is a lot, but that's so easily manageable.

The part I don't like about possible "button" reduction, is that I think it'd oversimplify the class. I enjoy the occasional difficulty involved.

There was an interesting post about halfway down the page. A guy was saying a mage has 2-4 buttons they have to mash in order to do crazy DPS, not really a complicated rotation. However, you take a Moonkin or lock or a lot of other classes that have complex/time specific rotations...and they do less dmg for more work. Doesn't really make sense.

What's your take?
Pruning abilities = Boring gameplay. One of the reasons I can stay entertained on my hunter is because there are so many abilities to use. If I wanted to press one button, I'd open a word document and repeatedly press '1'.

I originally left WoW during BC because I didn't like the direction WoW was heading with this simplification crap. Sometimes I feel like the developers literally go into meanings and say, "The Children are upset, how dumb can we make this game, while still retaining SOME of the people who enjoy difficult gameplay?"

No comments:

Post a Comment